Do you have any hidden costs?
You will never be confronted with hidden charges when you select us as your removal company, in fact we always embrace transparency with our customers and you pay exactly what you have been quoted by our staff at Local & Interstate Removals.
Do you charge cancellation fees If I cancel my booking?
If you happen to decide to cancel your booking, we do not charge a cancellation fee unless you cancelled your booking less than 48 hours, in that case the fee is $75.00.
Do you dismantle and reassemble furniture?
Of course we do! We prefer if you can give us a notice prior to your moving day if you need to request for one of our friendly removalists to dismantle and reassemble your furniture so that we can make sure our removalists are fully aware and prepared even though the tools are usually already supplied with the truck.
Are my items and furniture covered by insurance?
We at Local & Interstate Removals, as well as any of our removal services we provide are covered by Public Liability, Transit Insurance and Workers Compensation.
When do I pay for my move?
Once the removal service has been completed and your belongings have been moved to your new place, payments are accepted via debit/credit card or cash on the same day. Any other form of payment method such as direct debit or EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) must only be arranged and approved before the day of the move with our staff at Local & Interstate Removals.
Can you deliver moving boxes and packing supplies?
We sure can! We understand that you may already have your hands full with packing and preparing for your move, so for your convenience we can organise to have moving boxes and packing supplies delivered straight to your door at a time that suits you!
Can I assist the removalists during my move?
Whilst the choice is completely up to you if you wish to assist the removalists with moving your items from your place to the truck, however we urge you not to enter the truck as you are not covered under our insurance.
What should I keep handy on the day of my move?
Any items that you and/or your family will use on your moving day are best to be kept with yourself. Examples of items to keep with yourself can include toilet paper, paper towels, snacks, tissues, toiletries, utensils, extra clothes, laptop and phone chargers, your kids’ most favourite toys and anything else you believe will need to use on that particular day. It is suggested that sentimental and highly valuable items (e.g. wallet/ID, credit cards, jewellery, etc.), important documents (e.g. birth certificates, etc.) and medications are also kept with you. On the day of your move, place these essential items in a bag or a box that you will take with yourself to your new place.
How can I measure the size of a room in square footage?
- Measure the length and width of a particular room using a measuring tape but be sure to remove objects out of the way in order to get the most precise measurement.
- Multiple the length of the room by the width of the room in order to determine the square footage.
Also, there is another method you can do to measure the area of a room using your two feet if a measuring tape is unavailable:
- Use a ruler to measure the length of your foot.
- Then by stepping heel to toe pace off the length of the room. You can use the surrounding wall for support if you need to.
- Multiply the length of your foot by the number of steps you took.
- In order to get the approximate number of feet from one wall to another, divide that obtained number by 12.
- To measure the width of the room, repeat steps 2 – 4.
- Multiple the length of the room by the width of the room to determine the square footage.
Why should I select Local & Interstate Removals as my removal company?
From local to interstate moves, home and business moving and packing services – we make your move like a breeze, stress and hassle free. We get you to where you have to be. We are well-equipped to handle any move – whether it is big or small. We strive to make your move as perfect as it can be so we can get your satisfaction as our customer and have you select us as your desired removals company for any of your future moves. We care about having us in your good books! We will be with you the whole way of your move from the minute you get a quote from us until the actual day of your move and we handle the last piece of furniture for you. But our services don't stop there, we can give you support if you need any after your move is complete. We have a 24/7 emergency support line active whenever you need our help!
When do I need to book my move?
The sooner you book, the better. The longer the notice period we have for your move, the more likely we can book in the time/s and day/s that are more preferable to you, suit your needs. If you happen to give us a short period of notice for your move, we will try out best to fit you in!
How do I choose the right removal company?
- Write up a list of local removal companies you are interested in selecting and do a little research on each of them.
- Obtain a quote for your move from each removal company.
- Search and read reviews about each removal company from real customers in order to get an impression of each removals company’s reputation.
- Inquire about each company’s license and insurance processes.
- Find out the schedules for each removal company. This is so you can determine whether the booking date for your move is guaranteed or not and whether the same individual/s who will load up your belongings will transport and unload them too.
- Before proceeding to choose a removal company, be sure that you are comfortable with how each removal company charges, whether or not a deposit is required and their cancellation policy.
- Finally select the removal company that best meets your move. Remember that everyone has different needs!
How long does the move take?
The duration of your move depends on a range of factors, such as:
- Time required for loading, securing and unloading your possessions onto/off the truck.
- If you have possessions that needs relocating from multiple premises.
- Access levels for each premise involved and if there are any particular ease/struggles getting in & out of each premises. For example, does the premise have accessible lifts or are there only stairs available on the premises?
- The distance of where the truck is parked to the premises.
- Weather conditions.
- The distance from the 1st premises to the 2nd premises.
Remember: The more you do before your moving day, the more you will save money!
How am I suppose to pack a box?
- Select the suitable-sized box. Note for your heavy goods such as books, it is better to use a small box. For your lighter goods such as throw pillows, it is fine to use a larger box.
- Assemble the box (in case it is not already assembled) and apply tape to the seam. It is better to apply extra tape to the seam for security, if you are planning to pack something heavy.
- For cushioning your item, it is best you crumple up pieces of butcher paper (you may desire to use old newspapers instead of butcher paper) and place them on the bottom of the box.
- If you are packing fragile items, wrap them up with butcher paper.
- Place each item carefully in the box but be sure to pack similar items in particular boxes. This will make it much easier for you when you unpack!
- Pack the box with items to make it as tightly as possible, without overcrowding inside the box.
- If there is extra room on the top of the box, add extra butcher paper so you can minimize the chances of your items moving around in the box when they are being relocated.
- Once the box is packed, secure the box with tap. This will ensure the box is easy to stack during transport.
- For your convenience, it is best to label the box with its contents and the room that it belongs to.
What methods of payment do you accept?
We accept payments with any of the following debit and credit cards: VISA, MasterCard and American Express. We also accept cash on delivery. For direct debit and EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) payments, they must strictly be arranged and approved prior to the day of move.